Perrysburg Municipal Court

Judge Aram Matthew Ohanian

Scott T. HowardChief Bailiff / Chief Probation Officer / Court Administrator Carrie L. MancusoClerk of Court


300 Walnut Street
Perrysburg, OH 43551


Court: 419.872.7900
Probation: 419.872.7925
Fax: 419.872.7905


8:00 am - 4:30 pm
8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Payments can be made by visiting the "Online Payments" page or at the Court during normal business hours.
General Information
Phone: 419.872.7909
Fax: 419.872.7905

Traffic violations must have taken place within the geographic jurisdiction of this court. The geographic jurisdiction of the Perrysburg Municipal Court covers the cities of Perrysburg, Rossford, and Northwood; the townships of Perrysburg, Lake, and Troy; and the villages of Luckey, Millbury, and Walbridge.

Frequently Asked Questions
How much is my citation?
See the pay-out schedule. If you still have questions, call the Traffic Division at 419.872.7909.
Do I have to appear in court?
If the court appearance box is checked on your ticket indicating a non-waiverable offense or if this is your third moving violation in the past twelve (12) months, then you must appear in court. If you have a waiverable offense, you can admit guilt and pay fines and court costs by mail or in person without having to appear before the judge.
Do I need an attorney?
If jail is a possible sentence, you should probably have an attorney, but you are not required to have attorney representation. If you are unable to afford an attorney, one may be appointed for you.
What if I need a different court date?
The Traffic Division can grant one extension of your original arraignment date for up to seven days (unless you have been charged with a non-waiverable offense). Call 419.872.7909 prior to the appearance date on your ticket to request a continuance.

A second continuance of your court appearance must be granted by the judge. You must request this continuance in writing explaining the reason for the request. The court will notify you of its decision.
Can I call to request more time to pay my fine?
Yes, the Traffic Division Clerk may grant you a one week extension. If you need more time, then you must appear at court to request additional time to pay. If your fines and costs exceed $100.00, the court will sometimes allow you additional time to pay your fine.
I forgot to pay my ticket on time. Can I mail it on the court date?
The court must receive full payment within 30 days of your court date or further legal action will be taken against you.
I did not show my insurance card to the officer. If I bring it in now, can I just pay my fine?
Yes, if you have a waiverable citation, you can mail or bring in a copy of your insurance card or policy showing coverage for the date of your violation.
I did not have insurance on the day I received my citation. Will my license be suspended? For how long?
Yes, your license will be suspended for 90 days by the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles on a first offense.
Can I get driving privileges while my license is suspended?
Contact the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles.
Will my fine be different if I appear in court? How do I know how much money to bring?
The judge determines the fine amount in court depending on the nature of the offense and any prior record. The judge reviews the records, listens to your comments, and bases his decision on all the information given.

If you do not have money on the day of your appearance and your fines and costs exceed $100.00, the court will sometimes allow you additional time to pay your fine. This is referred to as a payment agreement.

If you plead not guilty, go to trial, and are found guilty, there may be additional costs incurred for subpoenas, witness fees, etc. These fees are in addition to the minimum $53.00 costs.
What if I miss my court date?
Failure to appear in court as required will result in the following actions:
  • A warrant for your arrest for failure to appear may be issued. You will be required to post a bond, if you are subsequently arrested.
  • The court will notify the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles of your failure to appear. The BMV will withhold the issuance or renewal of your driver's license and registration, and suspend your driving privileges.
What should I bring with me to Court?
  • Proof of insurance for the vehicle and driver for the date shown on the ticket
  • Valid driver's license or a valid renewed license
  • Proof of vehicle ownership if car was impounded
  • Adequate funds to pay for possible fines and costs
What should I expect in Court?
A trial is a proceeding in which the Prosecutor and/or the State of Ohio will try to convince the court that you have committed the traffic violation with which you have been charged. The prosecutor is required to prove your guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

You should arrive at court several minutes prior to your scheduled appearance time. Sign-in as soon as you exit the elevator, then wait until your case is called.

Please be prepared to spend several hours at court on the day that you appear. While the court makes every effort to move its docket swiftly, cases are scheduled closely together and there are often delays.
Payment of Traffic Ticket

If you do not wish to appear in court, payment of the fine and court costs listed for your offense must be received by the court before your court date which is listed on the bottom of your ticket. Payment can be made in person at the Perrysburg Municipal Court during regular business hours, by mail, or online. Credit card payment (Visa or MasterCard) is acceptable when paid in person or online. You must have exact change if paying by cash. Personal checks, money orders, and certified checks should be made payable to Perrysburg Municipal Court. Checks must have your current address and phone number listed. Please write your ticket number on the memo line for proper credit.

If you mail your payment, sign the waiver of court appearance that appears on your citation, then send the signed citation along with your payment to the Traffic Violations Bureau at 300 Walnut Street, Perrysburg, Ohio 43551-1455. Include a self-addressed, stamped envelope if you want to be sent a receipt.

If you did not show the officer proof of insurance when you received the ticket (look on the front of the ticket to see which box was checked), then you must show the court that insurance was in effect at the time of the citation. Acceptable forms of proof of insurance include: a copy of your insurance card or insurance policy showing effective dates and the car insured. Failure to provide proof of insurance will result in a suspension of your license by the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles.

Non-Waiverable Traffic and Criminal Offenses

Certain traffic violations and criminal offenses can be waived; that is you can admit guilt and pay your fines and court costs by mail or in person without having to appear before the judge. Other violations require a court appearance under the law. Below you will find a list of the offenses which require mandatory appearances.

The date on the ticket is the last day you will have to plead not guilty, waiver the charge, or appear in court. If you plead not guilty, a future court date will be assigned.

The following offenses require a court appearance, they are non-waiverable offenses:

Reinstatement Fee Payment Plan for Driving Privileges

If you are under a license suspension for non-payment of reinstatement fees owed to the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV), you may petition the court to approve a plan for payment of fees, so you may drive. Payment plans will likely be approved if the plan provides for payment of at least $50.00 per month to the BMV with payment of all fees within 180 days.

Every Tuesday at 3:30 p.m. drivers who wish to petition for a payment plan and driving privileges should report to the Traffic Division of the Clerk's Office. Proof of insurance must be shown if driving privileges are requested. The driver must otherwise be qualified to operate a motor vehicle to obtain driving privileges with a payment plan.

If the reinstatement fees are associated with a case in another court, the court will charge a $85 filing fee.


Enforcement of warrants for arrest is solely the responsibility of law enforcement agencies. Individuals with information regarding the current whereabouts or address of an individual who is the subject of a warrant are asked to contact the following:

These agencies will investigate the matter to determine if there is a valid warrant for the individual concerned and whether this is the individual named in the warrant. Other factors involved include jurisdiction, distance, and age of the offense/warrant. Individuals should never attempt to enforce a warrant themselves.

If you learn that you have a warrant for your arrest issued by this court, contact the court immediately at 419.872.7925. Many times the warrant can be withdrawn when you schedule a date to appear before the judge.

Pay-Out Schedule

The pay-out schedule does not apply when you appear in court.

Court appearance is mandatory for:

  1. cases where restitution is required (when damage is inflicted upon a victim);
  2. a third moving violation within a twelve month period; or
  3. a non-waiverable offense

Each pay-out is a total figure which includes the fine, plus $88.00 court costs ($39.00 local and $39.00 state charges + $10.00 special projects) except as otherwise noted.

If the violator wishes to dispose of a case through the traffic violations bureau with an outstanding and computerized bench or state warrant, an additional $25.00 court cost shall be added to the pay-out. If this is the second moving violation within a 12 month period, an additional $30.00 fine shall be added to the pay-out.

Revised Effective 03/01/2013
Code Section Offense Pay-Out
4503.11 Failure to make annual registration of or pay tax on motor vehicle. ($45 fine + $88 costs)
Driver must show proof of current registration and payment of tax at time of pay-out.
If no proof is shown $148.00
4503.21 Failure to display proper license plates / validation sticker ($45 fine + $88 costs) $133.00
4510.12 Expired Operator's License, first offense (minor misdemeanor) ($30 fine + $88 costs) $118.00
4511.20-.201 Willful & Wanton Disregard for Safety
  No accident ($65 fine + $88 costs) $153.00**
  Accident with proof of insurance ($80 fine + $88 costs)
Driver must show proof of insurance coverage for the date of the accident. Mandatory court appearance if there is no proof of insurance.
4511.204 Driving while texting ($150 fine + $88 costs)
New law effective 3/1/2013 (If charged with another violation, court costs shall be $53)
4511.21 Speeding (except for non-waiverable offenses)
Speeding pay-out schedule, speeding in construction zones, speeding in school zones
4511.21 Speed - Assured Clear Distance ($55 fine + $88 costs) $143.00
4511.213 Approaching a stationary public safety or road service vehicle that is displaying emergency flashing light ($90 fine + $88 costs) $178.00
4511.22 Slow Speed - under speed limit which impedes normal movement of traffic ($45 fine + $88 costs) $143.00
4511.25 One-Way Streets ($45 fine + $88 costs) $133.00
4511.27-28 Improper Passing/Passing on Right ($45 fine + $88 costs) $133.00
4511.29 Driving Left of Center ($45 fine + $78 costs) $123.00
4511.33 Improper Lane Use/Marked Lanes ($45 fine + $88 costs) $133.00
4511.34 Space Between Moving Vehicles ($45 fine + $88 costs) $133.00
4511.36 Improper Turn - No Accident ($45 fine + $88 costs) $133.00
4511.39 Turn Signals - No Accident ($45 fine + $88 costs) $133.00
4511.43 Red Light/Stop Sign ($45 fine + $88 costs) $133.00
4511.48 Jaywalking ($38 fine + $3 costs)
Pay-out does not include court costs or state charges, except a $3 legal research fee, said costs and charges being suspended.
4511.51 Hitchhiking ($35 fine + $63 costs)
No state costs assessed.
4511.52, 55-56 Bicycle Operation & Equipment ($38 fine + $3 costs)
Pay-out does not include court costs or state charges, except a $3 legal research fee, said costs and charges being suspended.
4511.53 No Helmet or Protective Eye Device ($45 fine + $88 costs) $133.00
4511.56 Bicycle Signal & Lighting Device ($45 fine + $88 costs) $133.00
4511.66 Parking ($15 fine + $63 costs)
No state costs assessed.
4511.68 Parking Prohibition - by a Fire Hydrant or in a Fire Lane ($50 fine + $63 costs) $113.00
4511.69 Parking in a Handicap Zone ($250 fine + $63 costs)
Fine reduced to $100 if offender shows proof of a valid handicapped parking permit in effect on the date of the violation.
4511.81 Failure to Provide Child Restraint ($55 fine + $73 costs) $128.00
4513.02 Unsafe Vehicle ($50 fine + $88 costs) $138.00
4513.03-05 Lighted Lights, Headlights & Tail Lights - No Accident ($45 fine + $88 costs) $133.00
4513.08-11 Lights, Flags & Emblems - No Accident ($45 fine + $88 costs) $133.00
4513.22 Muffler/Excessive Noise ($45 fine + $88 costs) $133.00
4513.23, 24 Rear Mirror/Obstructing View ($45 fine + $88 costs) $133.00
4513.263(B)(1) Seat Belt - Driver ($30 fine + $73 costs)
If the driver is also charged with a moving traffic offense, then the court costs (but not the fine) on the seat belt charge shall be waived if the driver pays the fine and costs on the other moving traffic offense.
4513.263(B)(3) Seat Belt - Passenger Front Seat ($20 fine + $73 costs) $93.00
4513.31 Insecure Load ($55 fine + $88 costs) $143.00
4513.32 Towing Requirements ($45 fine + $88 costs) $133.00
4513.64 Abandonment of Junk Car ($55 fine + $88 costs) $143.00
+ disposal costs
5577.02 Weight Provisions/Overloads Fine computed in accord with O.R.C. 5577.99 - call court for pay-out amount. Call Court
5577.11 Mud Flaps ($25 fine + $88 costs) $113.00
Posting Bail - FAQ
What is Bail and When is it Posted?
The purpose of posting bond is to assure the people charged with offenses appear in court as scheduled. Although "bond" or "bail" is usually an amount of money, it can also be the person's guarantee or recognizance that he/she will appear. Conditions of bond can be imposed by the judge, restricting contact with victims or witnesses, electronic monitoring (house arrest), and various other conditions by order of the court.

Bond is set one of two ways: 1) a predetermined amount based upon the court's misdemeanor bond schedule for the offense charged, or 2) by the judge if a felony offense is charged. If the person is charged with a misdemeanor offense, a predetermined bond amount will be set and you may post bond at any time after the person has been booked into jail. In cases involving a felony offense, the arresting law enforcement agency will contact the judge to set bond (felony bond is set within 48 hours of arrest).
Where is Bail Posted?
Bail bonds may be posted 24 hours a day. Payment can be made by cash, certified check (made payable to Perrysburg Municipal Court), Visa, or MasterCard. If paying by credit card, the cardholder must be present.

Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. bond may be posted at the Perrysburg Municipal Court, Traffic/Criminal Division, at 300 Walnut Street, Perrysburg, Ohio; 419.872.7909.

If the court is closed, bond may be posted at the City of Perrysburg Police Division, 330 Walnut Street, Perrysburg, Ohio; 419.872.8001. Or at the Lake Township Police Department, 27975 Cummings Road, Millbury, Ohio; 419.838.6651.
Recognizance Bond - Sometimes referred to as an "O R bond", this bond only requires the person who is charged with the offense to sign bond papers that are completed by the court. No other collateral is posted. Failure to appear for all future court dates under a recognizance bond is punishable by six months in jail and/or a $1,000 fine, regardless of the outcome of the original charge.

10% Cash Bond - This type of bond requires only 10% of the full amount of the bond to be posted. For example, if a $2,000 appearance bond is set, you will need to post $200 with the court for release of the defendant. If the person charged with the offense attends all court appearances, 90% of the money posted will be returned. In the above example, you would receive a refund check for $180. If, however, the defendant misses a court appearance, you would be liable for the remainder of the bond set and the court would render a judgment against you. In this example, you would owe the court $1,800.

Cash Bond* - You must post the entire amount of the bond that has been set before the defendant may be released. If the defendant attends all court hearings, the court will return all of the money posted for bail to you. If the defendant fails to appear, you will lose the money you posted.

Surety Bond* - This bond requires the posting of a surety power from an insurance company that guarantees the full amount of the bond will be paid in the event the defendant does not appear for a scheduled court hearing. Bonding companies and bailsmen are neither agents nor employees of the court. Bonding companies can be found by looking in the yellow pages of the telephone book under "Bail". The court cannot recommend a bonding company to you. The fee a bonding company charges is typically 10% of the bond that is set.

*Note - The judge sets bond as either cash or surety, thus giving the option of posting either.

When Will They Get Out of Jail?
Once bond is posted, the jail is sent a release form. The physical release of the prisoner is now the responsibility of the Wood County Sheriff's Department. Generally, release can be a lengthy process. You may call the Wood County Justice Center at 419.354.7744.
What Happens Next?
If the person has been charged with a misdemeanor case, the case will continue to be heard in this court and the defendant will receive notice of his/her next court date.

Felony cases, however, will be scheduled for a preliminary hearing. At the preliminary hearing one of two things can happen. Either the case will be dismissed or it will be bound over to the Wood County Common Pleas Court. If the case is bound over, it continues (including bond) and new hearings will be set in common pleas court. If the case is dismissed in municipal court, everything (including bond) is treated accordingly. However, you should be aware that the grand jury could indict the defendant on the same charges and the case would begin anew in common pleas court.
How Do I Get My Bail Money Back?
Bond is held until the case has been disposed of or upon order of the judge. Bond can only be refunded to the individual who posted it, to the person whose name appears on the bond receipt. If the bond receipt is in the defendant's name, the money may be applied to payment of fines and costs. If the bond receipt is in another person's name, that person may authorize the court, in writing, to allow the bond to be applied to the payment of defendant's fines and costs. For your convenience, you have the option of receiving your bond refund either by mail or in person. To receive a refund in person, you must present photo identification.